DIY BB CUSHION FEAT. IT'S MY CUSHION

August 03, 2016


HI EVERYONE!

So this post is quite an exciting one, I believe. It's a DIY project for a BB Cushion which is all the rave now thanks to the Koreans. I LOVE cushion products because they are easy to use and convenient for travel. However, since majority of Koreans are fair, their BB/CC cushions are usually suitable for pale - fair skin tones. Being a tan olive gal, the struggle is real.

Then some companies begin to market empty cushion compact which can be customized. Memebox released their own as part of their "IT'S MY" line and ALTHEA Korea sells them online at only RM19 (for the set) making the product, among many other Korean holy grail products, available to Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia & Philippines, which I believe not open for shipping from Memebox.

So in this post, I'll share the steps and the products I use in the making of my own BB cushion. 

Before we get started, how cute is this tissue pack tho. :D

Anyway, let's get acquainted with the anatomy of a typical cushion compact. You can purchase each parts - compact, sponge, air puff - separately but I got this as a set for convenience.

And these are the base products that I use:

MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream in the shade 23 (for BB cream benefits)
NARS Sheer Glow foundation in the shade Barcelona (for yellow, olive tone)
Too Faced Born This Way foundation in the shade Sand (for coverage & yellow, olive tone)

While these are the skincare products that I use:

ONSAEMEEIN Lumiere Gold Daily Cream (for moisture & dewy finish)
MISSHA Time Revolution White Cure Science Blanc Serum (for moisture & whitening)

I prepared this simple pictorial as a guide for the how-to :)

TIPS!
Oil-based products, such as facial oil, might not be a good choice for this project as it might separate
Add luminizer/liquid highlighter for more dewy oomph
You can use liquid concealer for more coverage

This is the result! On my skin, it feels moisturising, with dewy finish. Only thing I might change is add more of the yellow, olive foundation to the mixture so it could match my skin tone better. As for the compact itself, the design is sturdy and practical. I particularly like the black and white aesthetic. If you prefer pastel shades, there are mint and pink compacts too! Also, the air puff is of good quality although I prefer the Laneige one. But all in all, I'm a happy gal! 


If you are keen (as so you should) on doing this project yourself, do head to Althea Korea website as to get the set. There are also many other products at great deals, so cheap you wont notice the money flying out your purse, I promise! Let me know your BB cushion recipe if you try! 

❤︎

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nice one jannah! I think I can try later on. Customized our own cushion. Why not🤔😍😚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you syafiqah xoxo 💕 When u finally try I'd be so keen to dig in your recipe! 😻

      Delete
  2. i shall try mine real soon...but probably might not add so many skincare into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to find out your choice of products! I got carried away especially with the moisturiser. :D

      Delete

Subscribe